CASE CTE Program
The Curriculum for Agricultural Science Education (CASE) is a program of study within the Environmental, Agricultural, and Natural Resources Career Cluster. The CASE: Natural Resources and Agriculture Pathway prepares students to be successful in numerous careers in the agricultural sciences as well as preparing them to further their education at the postsecondary level. This inquiry-based pathway incorporates classroom learning, FFA (formerly known as Future Farmers of America) leadership and career development, as well as outside classroom experiences through Supervises Agricultural Experiences (SAE) and other internship opportunities.
Introduction to Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources; Natural Resources and Ecology; Environmental Science Issues; Agricultural Research and Development.
|9th Grade||10th Grade||11th Grade||12th Grade|
|1||Health/Fitness For Life||Introduction to Agriculture, Food, and Natural Resources||Natural Resources and Ecology||Agricultural Research and Development|
|2||Fine Arts Requirement||Financial Literacy||Environmental Science Issues||Elective|
|3||English Requirement||English Requirement||English Requirement||English Requirement|
|4||Math Requirement||Math Requirement||Math Requirement||Math Requirement|
|5||Science Requirement||Science Requirement||Science Requirement||Elective|
|6||History Requirement||History Requirement||History Requirement||Elective|
|7||*Possible World Language||*Possible World Language||Elective||Elective|
Application Window for the Class of 2026
Nov. 22 at 8 a.m. until Dec. 21 at 3 p.m.
What do I need to know before I complete the application?
1. View the CTE Open House to gain a full understanding of the CTE application process.
2. Refer to the High School Program of Studies for specific program descriptions and course requirements.
3. The application must be completed at one time; it cannot be saved and finished at a later time.
4. The last application submitted will be the official application.
5. A confirmation e-mail will be sent to the parent/guardian's e-mail address.
Students eligible to apply must meet the following qualifications:
- Both the student and parent/guardian must be current residents of Charles County.
- The student must be currently enrolled (SY 2021-22) as an 8th grader in a Charles County Public Schools middle school, private school, or is homeschooled.
- Student completes the online application with all required information.
- Report cards for 6th, 7th, and 1st Quarter of 8th grade will need to be uploaded to the application.
- Student and Parent/Guardian electronically sign the application.
- Student completes the Interest Survey in January or February. Applicants will be contacted.
Admission decisions are made based on the following criteria:
- 40% Student interest expressed on Interest Survey
- 28% Academic performance in sixth and seventh grade, first semester of eighth grade and as it relates to the program of choice
- 25% Application questions
- 7% Middle School Attendance - 6th grade, 7th grade, and 1st Semester of 8th grade **Due to Covid-19 Pandemic, all student applicants will be credited the full 7% for attendance.
Once the application process is closed, a committee will meet to determine a qualifying score for the program. All students who meet the qualifying score will be considered a candidate for the program. Candidates will be randomly selected for acceptance and the others will put on the waitlist and offered a seat if it becomes available.
In April 2022, letters of acceptance will be mailed. The letter of acceptance will contain an acceptance/decline agreement. Within two weeks of receipt, the acceptance/decline agreement must be signed and returned. If the acceptance agreement is not received within two weeks, Maurice J. McDonough High School will consider the acceptance as declined by the parent and the student.